10 Top Search Engine Optimisation Tips
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the widely known issue and most discussed topic. Focus your attention on the engines that will bring you the most visitors first and work your way down. This article only highlights about Google and Yahoo!, the two will bring a high traffic volumes and a that means a more profitable website!
10 Top Search Engine Optimisation Tips
1. Put the descriptive keyword within title tag, this will make search engine robots recognize your page quickly and know what the content is all about. Title tag is located on head tags, therefore insert descriptive keyword or key phrase that describe on your pages, this way your chances to gain targeted traffic will be a lot bigger.
Not to forget, be sure the title tag contains text which a human can relate to. Because they will be appeared in a search result page (s).
2. When you make an anchor text to link your page from different page or different blogs, make sure the anchor text is the same with text of your title tag. This is very useful if you have many pages or linked by many others blogs.
3. Another recommended way is the text you put within the title tag must also be put within the body of the page. It will be weird if text of title page are not found in the body of the page.
By this every reader that clicks on your page that appears in SERP will be ensured that they clicked on the accurate link and landed at the page where they seek to visit. Robots love this because of there’s relevance between the title of the page and the headline.
Also, sprinkle your keywords throughout your article. The most important keywords can be bolded or coloured in red. A good place to do this is once or twice in the body at the top of your article and in the sub-headings.
4. Make sure you do not utilize the same title tag on every page on your website. This way, your pages will be likely not get indexed or crawled because of SE Robots will think that all of the pages are the same.
I often use the headline of my pages as my title tag, this is meant to assist the robots knows quicker and exactly what my page is all about. The most good place to add the headline is in the h1 tag to make it the same as the title tag tex.
5. I said it before and will say it again now, DO NOT SPAM the description or meta tag keyword by stuffing meaningless keywords. All SEO experts are in one voice that this kind of technique is no longer effective.
6. Do not link to link-farms or other search engine unfriendly neighbourhoods.
7. Do not use doorway pages. Since search engines like to crawl visitor friendly homepage/subpage that contains relevant content to the keywords searched in SE, therefore DO not use doorway pages, because they are designed only for robots, not for visitors.
8. Title tags for text links. Insert the title tag within the HTML of your text link to add weight to the link and the page where the link resides. This is like the alt tag for images.
My site contains navigation menus on the left and right of the page. The menu consists of links not images. When you hover over the link with your mouse, the title of the link appears. View the source of this page to see how to add this tag to your links.
9. Use the alt tag to gives description of our images. Alt tag will assist robots that crawl your images to find specific pages in your site and consequently help SE user who use text only while Googling.
10. Build one-way links - within reason to help your page/homepage position in SE.
We are delighted with the user-friendly website solution provided by XTmotion - they have proved invaluable in generating new ideas for the site structure and layout and in implementing them quickly and efficiently.
XTmotion is a pleasure to work with. Their patience, knowledge and continued professionalism makes XTmotion stand apart from other website designer and developers!
IIR Management Development
Right from the outset of the project the team at XTmotion took the time and effort to get to know us, our business, clients and our competitors as well as understanding our requirements. This meant that as each stage of the project was released to us for testing there was very little to change each time. The result was a market leading solution, including a complex bespoke multi-event booking system. The site has been received well by existing clients as well as attracting new clients to our business. The website solution built for us by XTmotion has given us a strong basis on which to market our existing business, and we look forward to working with them again as the business grows.